MMT Community
July 29, 2014, 02:45:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a interesting video about precise nail  (Read 5145 times)
navlo
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« on: March 23, 2012, 12:31:32 PM »

here is a video posted recently about the new precise nail

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E08liEioUQQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E08liEioUQQ</a>

LL with Betz. End of 2013 hopefully.
goal15cm
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 03:40:14 PM »

Thanks for uploading the video.
In the end the anchors agree that it remains inside your body for the rest of your life. Maybe the reporter should have researched this a little better.
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 37

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »

I does stay in your body for the rest of your life....... if you plan on only living for the next 18 - 24 months.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 37

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »

She said people are growing 6 inches in 3 months??? these reporters have researched nothing... it takes longer then that just to distract 3 inches let alone 6... and that is just distraction.... just proves that you have to do your own research and not rely just on what you hear.

Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »

Possibly the worst reporting I have ever heard. I love it at the end when the lady asks: "So does the nail stay in his legs forever." The news reports just goes "yeah, I guess that's it." LMAO

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Francisco
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »

Had exactly the same thought Arche! :D
A definite lack of information.
Redemption
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

Determination

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »

"Once it's in it's in for the rest of your life right?"

"Pretty much..."

Haha, obviously doesn't know much about this procedure like we do. Lol

"If I ever met Genetics, I would kick him in the nuts..."

Current height: 5'7/171cm Future height: 5'11/181cm

Wingspan: 178cm Sitting height: 95cm
navlo
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 08:50:01 PM »

here is a another one, still about the precise nail, showing how it work.It doesn't seem painful ....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVQBR0Zxvg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVQBR0Zxvg</a>

Does anybody know if Betz plan to use it ?

LL with Betz. End of 2013 hopefully.
kaandereli
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 09:01:35 PM »

patient doesn't show any sign of pain due to very tiny amount of stretching.it seems to have considerable advantage over betz's nail.
Redemption
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

Determination

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »

I doesn't seem painful but it does seem like 65,000 dollars for 2 inches is a little out of my price range.  Lol

Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 381

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 09:29:18 PM »

it seems to have considerable advantage over betz's nail.

I almost spit out my juice laughing when I read this comment. Dr. Betz's nail can lengthen as much as 5 inches on a single bone section. Not that I would advocate doing that, but it is possible. Dr. Betz's nail also allows you to walk on crutches while you are lengthening, which reduces your recovery time considerably. I'm sorry, but being stuck in a wheelchair for four months while lengthening two inches does not seem to be the best way to do LL in my opinion. It is laughable to say that the PRECISE has a "considerable advantage" over the Betzbone. If you can't handle the pain of clicking, then you probably can't handle the pain of of muscle stretching, the pain of physical therapy, and the long term pain and fatigue of LL. The Betzbone and the Guichet Nail are still the best way do to LL.

I will admit that there are some people that are probably better suited for LL with the PRECISE than with the Betzbone or Guichet Nail, but I think most of those people might not really be good candidates for LL to begin with.

It was mentioned on the news program that you can lengthen 6 inches in 3 months. This is technically true, and this is the one place where I think the PRECISE is a great option. You can do bilateral lengthening of tibias and femurs at the same time with the PRECISE. I would normally not advocate for such a thing, but under Dr. Paley's care and with this technology (once he has the 8 cm nails) I think it is a viable option. You would be stuck in a wheelchair for a minimum of four months, and recovery would take longer because you would not be weight bearing, but it would be the absolute fastest way to gain a large amount of height and recover. Once the 8 cm rods are available, you could be 6.5 inches taller and up walking without crutches in as little as 5 months. Awesome.  

Apotheosis

My personal exaltation to a divine height. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.html
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »

Apotheosis, forget about the precise nail, what are you doing stealing your kids' juicy juice?

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 37

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 07:26:40 AM »

Well Apotheosis. I have heard much badmouthing of the precise nail on this site and not much good. I have done a lot of research on it and must say that like anything in life there are benefits and drawbacks and tradeoffs for each. No one really knows what is best, just what is best for them in their own particular circumstances. At least someone has enough guts to spell out some benefits... anytime I speak of a benefit of the Precise system, it seems like I get bombarded by the "but it's not weight bearing" police.

Sorry to say it but I have to disagree with you on one point though. You seem to think that if someone wants to use the precise nail that they are trying to skirt the discomfort and pain issue of "clicking" with the Albizzia and they don't have the mindset that it takes to do LL in the first place. I think I understand where you may be coming from in that all LL will have pain and if anyone thinks there is a way to do it pain free, they are not ready for this procedure. Someday they might be able to figure out how to do it pain free but not yet. I personally am leaning towards the Precise system (even with it's inherent drawbacks) and I will admit that distracting without twisting to click is an attractive feature. I do have the mindset for it, I just also have an extremely analytical mind that does a lot of homework and puts together comprehensive cost/ benefit analysis of every endeavor or undertaking.

You did it your way, the best way for you and your circumstances and are applauded for it. Just remember that another way might fit someone else' unique needs and circumstances.

Redemption
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

Determination

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »

Psh, I have a way better idea in mind than both of those stupid methods.

Tie both of your legs to horses, whip the horses and BAM automatic leg length!

I have gone over this procedure hundreds of times in my head and have yet to find a fault in it

bba
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 03:51:34 AM »

the mecanims of Precise nail is truly revolutionary. I bet in some time they are going to make stronger and with more lenghtening power nails , using this tech.

I hope Dr Betz use it someday. I ve heard he was trying to develop a nail with a similar system, but it was really expensive to ddevelop this in europe. Mabe he could try this precise nail in the begining.

BBA
5f6
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 08:57:24 AM »

It depends on your opinion, I prefer the external method due to the fact the thought of having something stuffed in my bone for 1-2 years and my knee cut open for it to fit in just... Makes me wanna vomit!
mantra
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »

Quote from: Apotheosis link=topic=4788. msg54628#msg54628 date=1332538158
It was mentioned on the news program that you can lengthen 6 inches in 3 months.  This is technically true, and this is the one place where I think the PRECISE is a great option.  You can do bilateral lengthening of tibias and femurs at the same time with the PRECISE.  I would normally not advocate for such a thing, but under Dr.  Paley's care and with this technology (once he has the 8 cm nails) I think it is a viable option.  You would be stuck in a wheelchair for a minimum of four months, and recovery would take longer because you would not be weight bearing, but it would be the absolute fastest way to gain a large amount of height and recover.  Once the 8 cm rods are available, you could be 6. 5 inches taller and up walking without crutches in as little as 5 months.  Awesome.   

Apotheosis

I'm confused about this statement on four segments at once.  Under Paley's information in the recommended doctors list, Paley's info states four segments with external fixators as an option w/ 5cm per segment as a max.  It also states that internals (Precise) bilaterally are one segment at a time.  Just curious if his policy has changed since the info on the recommended list was posted.  I agree if all four segments could be safely lengthened at once w/ Precise and w/ 8cm as possible, then this is a very attractive way to go for someone who wants to do both tibia and femur lengthening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.